Chai Infused Black Sticky Rice Pudding
The perfect breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert, whip up this delicious Sticky Rice Pudding by the lovely Kira Constable.
- 1⁄2 cup sticky black rice, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water for cooking the rice, 11⁄2 cups for un-soaked rice
- 1⁄2 cup Prana Chai Original Blend steeped in hot water
- (I used 40g sticky chai and 120ml boiling water)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup
- Toasted coconut chips
- Dragon fruit
- Any other fruit you desire
- Extra coconut milk
How to Make:
1. Measure out rice and rinse – the water will be quite purple to begin with but make sure to rinse it until it is a very light purple colour. If soaking the rice overnight, you will only require 1⁄2 cup for cooking, but if un-soaked, use 1 1/2 cup when cooking.
2. Place rice in a pot or saucepan with coconut milk, water, steeped Prana Chai Original Blend and a pinch of salt. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook covered, making sure to stir from time to time to ensure the bottom doesn’t begin to burn. If the rice does begin to stick at the bottom, add a bit more water. Continue to cook until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Add your maple syrup and stir. Once cooked, bring the pot off of the heat and set aside to cool.
3. While rice is cooking, prepare toppings. For toasted coconut chips, pour a few handfuls onto a baking tray and toast until lightly browned and golden (180 degrees Celsius for about 5 minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn).
4. Transfer desired amounts of cooked sticky black rice into bowls and arrange prepared fruits, toasted coconut and extra coconut milk (if desired!
5. Serve and eat!