Raw Chai Cheesecakes
This recipe captures that ‘hug in a mug’ experience, all wrapped up in a delicious raw treat by the talented Made by Gem.
For the base:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 4 tbsp Prana Chai + 50ml hot water
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk or your choice of nut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 lemon or lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Cinnamon & pecans to top
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and 50ml water. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining.
- Add all the base ingredients into a food processor and pulverise until it comes together into a sticky dough. Press the dough evenly along the bottom of silicon cupcake mould.
- In a high-powered blender place all of the ingredients for the filling and blend for about 3 or 4 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the base. Smooth out the top and tap the case hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon + top with pecans
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours or until completely firm
- Serve + enjoy!