Vegan Chai Spice Loaf Cake
A tasty vegan treat for morning tea or dessert - this Vegan Chai Spice Loaf Cake is made with Prana Chai Vegan Blend as well as chai spices and glazed to perfection!
Prepared Masala Chai Milk*
- 1 2/3 cups (390g) plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp Prana Chai Vegan Blend
Chai Spice Loaf Cake
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) prepared vegan chai
- 1/3 cup (75g) neutral flavoured oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain unsweetened vegan yogurt*
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (350g) all purpose flour, whisked to fluff before measuring*
- 3/4 cups (145g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (18g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking soda
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Masala Chai Glaze
- 2 tbsp prepared Vegan chai
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a loaf pan (approximately 9" x 5") by lightly spraying with oil.
- Brew your Prana Chai Vegan Blend on the stove along with plant-based milk. Strain.
- In a small mixing bowl stir to combine 1 1/4 cup (300g) of the prepared chai along with the oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Reserve the remaining chai for the glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, and black pepper to combine.
- Once the oven has preheated, add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon to make a thick batter, taking care to not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a tester comes out of the centre clean or with a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove it and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp of brewed chai and mix to make a thick but pourable glaze.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze overtop to cover.