The stickiness of the rice, blended with the creaminess of chai-infused milk and the sweetness of cane sugar, @morgs71 shares her Sticky Chai Rice Pudding recipe with us.
- 2 Tbs Prana Chai Original Masala Blend
- 600mL Almond or coconut milk
- 100g short grain or arborio rice
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
HOW TO MAKE
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the chai in a saucepan with the milk. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat. Leave to steep for at least 30 minutes. Strain the milk mix.
2. Stir in the rice, sugar, vanilla extract, and bring to a simmer.
3. Pour the mixture into a 1 litre ovenproof dish and bake for 90 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Alternatively, cook in four individual dishes for one hour.
4. Scatter over the chopped nuts and serve warm immediately, or leave to cool.